Recipe- Fishwire.net- Mr. BBQ’s Savor Summer Salmon Dip
Savor Summer Salmon Dip—Hotter weather means hanging out on the patio, taking it easy. This is a great appetizer recipe using either leftover smoked salmon or freshly smoked salmon. Warning! It will become a BIG HIT, so make a little extra and refrigerate the leftover for up to three days.
· 12 ounces smoked salmon, roughly chopped
· 8 ounces cream cheese, warmed
· 1 cup sour cream
· 1 cup mayonnaise
· 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
· 2 teaspoons citrus zest (orange,lemon, lime)
· 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
· 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- Allow cream cheese to soften at room temperature.
- Mix cream cheese with Tabasco, sour cream,mayonnaise and citrus zest until smoothly combined.
- Stir in chopped smoked salmon garlic and green onions until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, overnight is better.
Serve with crackers,chips, French bread, or celery sticks.
Mr. BBQ (Bruce Bjorkman) hosts Cooking Outdoors with Mr. BBQ on the Radio NW Network. Bruce is also a BBQ expert with Mak Grills.